Lean is an improvement approach to improve flow and eliminate waste that was developed by Toyota. Lean is basically about getting the right things to the right place, at the right time, in the right quantities, while minimising waste and being flexible and open to change.Lean brings into many industries, including healthcare, new concepts, tools and methods that have been effectively utilised to improve process flow. Tools that address workplace organisation, standardisation, visual control and elimination of non-value added steps are applied to improve flow, eliminate waste and exceed customer expectations.
The NHS Institute has created a package (the Lean Simulation Suitcase) that includes everything you need to set up and run a successful lean simulation in your organisation. These events run internally by the NHS have been highly successful, highlighting:
- how to improve flow to eliminate waste and reduce delays
- how to get things right first time, thus improving quality and lowering costs
- how to empower staff, motivate them to sustain results
- to make good decisions using evidence
- that learning by doing gets results, quickly.
Latest Quality and Value Events