This helps teams to create a baseline understanding of their patients’ experiences. It is central to the programme and sets the tone and understanding to inform all other modules.
Download this module
Visit our catalogue to download the 'Patient Perspective' module by clicking on the Productive Community Services house, below.
Download resources to support this module, which include:
Patient Experience Diary
20 Second Feedback Card
One Great Idea Tool
What one thing could make a difference
A Guide to Capturing and Using Patient Public and Service User Feedback Effectively
Patient Letter Template
Template flyer to promote a local patient online survey
Questions for Patient Engagement
New Perspective Exercise Film
Patient Information Leaflet (we recommend that you work with your communications team to produce this leaflet)
Patient Perspective Mapping Tool
Welcome to our service pack:
- Welcome pack
- Welcome and Involvement pack
- Guidance for creating and printing the Welcome packs
Useful links are listed below:
Armchair Involvement - using technology for patient engagement
EBD – Experience Based Design
Information on and support for developing local surveys at Picker Institute Europe
Key Documents for Patient and Public Engagement Policy and Legal Framework with Good Practice Guidance
These are links to some of the current national policies and guidance for Patient and Public Engagement.
- The NHS duty to involve (Section 242 of the Health and Social Care Act) (DH) with Real Involvement toolkit
- High quality care for all: NHS Next Stage Review final report
- The NHS in England: The operating framework for 2010/11
- Commissioning Competencies
- Care Quality Commission CQC (Health Care Commission): Listening, learning, working together?
- DH Improving patient experience: transforming services using patient feedback
Potential Costs for Wide Range Methodologies
Useful websites and reports that describe methodologies and include associated costs. www.peopleandparticipation.net has a comprehensive list of methodologies.